Excel Assignment: Instructions & Questions
Excel Assignment代写 On the Excel file Final_Assignment_Data, you should see 6 sheets that contain data: Coffee, Medical,Business Travel, Employment Plan
On the Excel file Final_Assignment_Data, you should see 6 sheets that contain data: Coffee, Medical, Business Travel, Employment_Plan, Business Schools, and Camrys. Answer the following questions using the data on the corresponding sheet.
Coffee: Excel Assignment代写
You work for a company that sells coffee in packages labeled “2.75 lbs.” Of course, the packaging process isn’t perfect, so there’s some variation in the actual weight of the bag. Your company’s quality control rules are as follows: packages’ weight must be at least 2.75 lbs on average; and no more than 10% of packages may weigh less than 2.75 lbs.
Based on the data, evaluate whether the company is meeting its quality control rules.
- The two rules above may be stated in the form of a null hypothesis about the population mean and a null hypothesis about the population proportion. State each of the two null hypotheses.
- Calculate the point estimates and and the corresponding standard errors.
- Calculate each of the test statistics; state which of the null hypotheses you reject, if either.Excel Assignment代写
- Based on your reject/don’t reject decision(s) named above, is the company meeting its quality-control standards?
The data is a sample of residents of each state, showing the number of times a resident goes to a doctor’s office, emergency room, or other health-care facility.
Test the null hypothesis that the average number of visits per person is the same across the 3 states in the sample.
- Calculate the “within” and “between” measures of variance.
- Calculate the test statistic (F). What are the numerator and denominator degrees of freedom?
- Do you reject or not reject the null hypothesis?
Business Travel: Excel Assignment代写
The data displays the travel expenses of a sample of managers this year and last year. You are tasked with evaluating whether average travel expenses have risen over last year.
- What is the null hypothesis you wish to test?Excel Assignment代写
- Based on just the sample data, calculate the point estimate of the difference between the means, the standard error of this difference, and the test statistic. How is test statistic distributed (include the degrees of freedom, if necessary)? Do you reject the null hypothesis?
- Suppose you now gain access to other data that shows that the standard deviation of travel expenses in both years is $135. The point estimate is the same; calculate the standard error of the difference and the test statistic. How is the test statistic distributed (include the degrees of freedom, if necessary)? Do you reject the null hypothesis?
The data displays whether a sample of companies plan to add workers, lay off workers, or make no change, as well as whether the company is publicly traded or privately owned.
- Consider the null hypothesis that the proportions of companies planning to lay off, make no change, and add workers are equal (each proportion is 1/3). Calculate the expected frequencies, then use these frequencies to calculate the test statistic. How is this statistic distributed (include the degrees of freedom, if necessary)?
- Find the p-value associated with the test statistic. If you choose α= 5%, do you reject or not reject the null hypothesis? What about if you choose α = 1%?
- Test whether the companies’ plans regarding employment is independent of their public/private status. What is the test statistic and how is it distributed (include the degrees of freedom, if necessary)?
Business Schools: Excel Assignment代写
The data displays the annual tuitions and average salary (including bonuses) for tenure-track faculty members.
- Perform a regression; treat salary & bonus as the independent variable. Calculate the R2; the value of ; the standard error of ; and the F
- What percentage of the variation in tuitions can be explained by faculty salaries?
- Based on the F statistic, (α= 5%) does it appear that salaries influence tuition at all?
- Endogeneitycauses regression results to be unreliable when the dependent variable and the independent variable ‘cause’ each other. Do you think that is likely to be a problem here? In 1 – 2 sentences, explain why or why not.
The data displays the sale price of used Toyota Camrys (all of a single model year) and the mileage of each vehicle.
- Perform a regression. Treat the sale price as the dependent variable. Calculate the R2; the value of ; the standard error of ; the value of ; and the F
- Find the number of miles on the car at which you would predict that the sale value of a Camry is $0.
- What is the predicted sale price of a brand-new (0 miles) Camry? Hint: You can find this value in two different ways.Excel Assignment代写
- Consider the following two possible issues with this regression. Address each in 1 – 2 sentences:
- Is it plausible that the ‘true’ relation between mileage and sale price is actually in percentages, not levels (so you should have regressed the natural log of price on the natural log of miles)?
- Most of the time a car loses value the instant it leaves the lot – that is, before any miles are put on it – (after being sold new). Do you think this fact means that the regression has a problem with omitted variable bias?