The aim of this practical is to examine and interrogate the data sets used in your practical studies. T
Using the layer brighove.Answer the following questions:
(1) Report the ‘basic statistics’ [S] for the following fields: pop, househls, young, middle, old.
(2) Using the symbology function (a) put ‘pop’ into natural breaks and identify the top range. (b) puthousehls into natural breaks and identify the top range. Now query the layer to select areas that are greater than or equal to these top range criteria. In each case please determine the following:
(i) What is the percentage of EDs?
(ii) What is the percentage of total population?
(iii) What is the percentage of total households?
(3) Finally, from the original dataset, is there an ED polygon with particularly high population numbers and low housing numbers? Identify this EDcarefullyusing attribute data (think of the best way to do this) and note down its:
(iv) SC3M, SC4, SC5 (these represent the lower social class gradings).
(v) Finally, give the approximate grid coordinates for the lower left-hand corner of this ED polygon.
Using the layers brighove.shp, A23_27.shp, and A_Class.shp, Sample_woodladn.shp you are required to answer the following questions:
(1) What is the percentage of ED polygons that are affected by both the A23_27 anda_class roads combined? Be sure not to double count ED polygons.
(2) How many woodlands are within 750m of all roads in the A23_27 orA_Class layers.
Note use the select-by-location intersect option in both these examples
(3) Finally, please provide a brief methodological explanation of your approaches for the spatial queries. Use appropriate references where necessary and you may find it useful to present some mapped data to illustrate your findings.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!